Goodbye, Love

Oh, Macey's! How I longed for you to save me from the tendrils of the Evil Valmart! I yearned for your small-town charm, your fresh produce and your checkout paper bags. I came to you in the night and wandered your aisles lost and, yet, found.

But as I reached for your merchandise (snort), I found your prices lacking. What happened? What changed? And at your register, you did not take my internet coupons for milk and cheese. You rejected them (and thus, me) with no explanation, forcing me to leave behind my cheese, my milk, and yes, my heart.

So long, dear Macey's. I sink into the abyss of the Evil Valmart. I will come back for your assortment of emergency preparedness supplies, but I will not stay. You may own my heart, but my wallet belongs to Valmart.

7 comments:

Lyns said...

Very well put. I have such a LOVE/HATE relationship with Wally World.

Jackie said...

I hear you, Adhis. I really like Macey's for their produce, but their prices leave much to be desired. See you at Walmart.

Jenny said...

You are funny, poor Macey's :) If only they took my printed coupons and matched my adds, I hear ya on the love/hate thing with Wally world :)

Nathalie Smith said...

Your tellin me!! For us Macey's, it's the convenience thing, but I do save certain things to buy for the LONG trip to Valmart! Ugh!

Heidi said...

Sniffle, sniffle...I miss Macey's, too! I even have a child named Macie to remind me every day that I can't shop there anymore. It's like pulling off a band-aid everytime I say her name. :( Dang kid. Dang prices at Macey's.
I think maybe we should make some t-shirts that say "I hate you Wal-mart" that we can wear while we shop there. That's about a close to boycotting as I will get.

Ane said...

lol! That's too bad! It's great to suppor the smaller businesses. I don't think I have ever been inside of Macey's. I think Harmon's has pretty good pricing and some good bread as well. I hope they change their prices and policies. ;)

DivaMom said...

This is Walmarts goal. They move in with LOW prices and take out the local stores because they cannot compete with Walmart prices. Walmart has also been known to bully their vendors into selling their products at a price Walmart picks not able to make their own prices to sell to Walmart. I am a loyal Macey's shopper and have been since learning this about Walmart. I won't shop Walmart anymore. The locals need my money more than Walmart does and this is why I am done with home sales... not many people are supportive to local sales. Just my 2 cents.

Post a Comment